Recently both Steam Spy and Steam Gauge published their analysis on the recent Summer Sale.
- At least 33 million games found new owners during those two weeks
- Steam Summer Sale made at least $160M in revenue
- The average discount for this Steam Summer Sale was 66.63%
- Larger discounts didn't always correlate with larger sales increases
- Reduced sale prices often meant games brought in seemingly less overall revenue during the sale period.
- 76% of games discounted during Steam Summer Sale sold less than 5,000 copies
- Games that received featured placement during the 11 days of this year's Steam Summer Sale generally saw a sizable increase in sales compared to the pre-sale period.