We recently came across SuperData's August report and thought it was worth sharing some of the highlights:
Total digital games revenue in August 2016 was $6.1 billion, up 11% from 2015.
- Console digital revenue increased 16% year-over-year to $399 million
- Premium PC grew 21% to $401 million.
- Total mobile market was $3.04 billion, 16% higher than the same month last year.
- Free-to-play MMO's experienced moderate growth of 8% to $1.41 billion.
- Pay-to-play MMO declined 4% to $226 million.
- Social games revenue remained stagnant, dropping a modest 2% year-over-year to $604 million.
Read all about it here https://www.superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/